Matted artwork print
Gerald Dawavendewa (Hopi & Cherokee)
Palikwmana (Butterfly Maiden) is a katsina spirit representing moisture, rain, fertility, and life. Qualities that she shares with the butterflies. With a headdress of flowers and moisture, she wears an embroidered dress with symbols of rain, flowers, and abundant plant life. She is surrounded by corn and rain clouds, all prayers for a good life.
- Matted prints measure 11 by 14 inches (27.9 by 35.5 cm) with a bevel cut mat with a backing board.
- The artwork is printed on quality acid-free photo paper using smudge, fade, and water-resistant ink.
- Print includes a description, a biography of the artist, and information on the indigenous culture artwork represents.
- Packaged in a clear resealable envelope.
- The print will fit in a standard frame. The frame in the photo shows the display possibilities and is not included.
- As in any artwork, please keep it out of direct sunlight.