Gerald Dawavendewa (Hopi & Cherokee)
In ancient times there was no fire, and the world was cold until the lightning brothers struck a hollow sycamore tree, starting a fire. The animals could see smoke rising but could not get to it because the tree grew on an island. The animals called a council to see if anyone could retrieve a piece of the fire (Full story on how spider helped is included on card.)
- Blank inside for your own personal message
- Measures 5 by 6.5 inches folded (12.7 by 16.51 cm)
- We use smudge, fade, and water-resistant ink on heavy card stock.
- Notecard Includes a description of the artwork, information on the indigenous culture inspired by it, and a biography of the artist.
- Envelope and sticker included.
- Packaged in a clear resealable envelope.