Gerald Dawavendewa (Hopi & Cherokee)
Sipàapuni is the emergence point of Tuuwaqatsi. A migration spiral enters Tuuwaqatsi, which holds a ladder representing the passage to the Fourth World. Stars gather in the darkness, the “roof” of the Third World. The circle with inner circles depicts a spiritual being—the guardian of Tuuwaqatsi. A staff with dots represents the three previous worlds.
- Image and artist's marks are printed on high-quality luster paper with shadowing for a dimensional effect.
- Matted print measures 11 by 14 inches (27.9 by 35.5 cm) and will fit a standard frame
- Matted print includes a backing board for a sturdy print
- Matted print includes a sheet with description, cultural info, and artist biography.
- Matted print is enclosed in a clear resealable envelope.