Gerald Dawavendewa (Hopi & Cherokee)
A couple journeys through life with goodwill and blessings surrounded with elements of life. A corn plant rises with a woman dressed with corn seed designs; both give life. The male stands with clothing carrying water symbols. A prayer bundle and shield representing blessing for the earth and all life stands next to the couple. Gathering around the couple are butterflies symbolized as flowers, representing moisture and the life-giving rains that come to the desert. Above are the cosmos with sun and stars, with a spiral representing the couple's journey through life.
• Bevel cut Matted print measure 11 by 14 inches (27.9 by 35.5 cm) with backing board.
• Printed on quality acid-free photo paper using smudge, fade, and water-resistant ink.
• Includes a description, a biography of the artist, and information on the indigenous culture artwork represents.
• Packaged in a clear resealable envelope.
• Print will fit in a standard frame. Framed print photo shows the display possibilities, frame not included.