Gerald Dawavendewa (Hopi & Cherokee)
Four hummingbirds swirl into the four directions, flying above a field of sunflowers. For the Hopi people, hummingbirds symbolize moisture and prayers for the flourishing of crops and the blooming of the earth's plants. The hummingbirds are related to the sun, the sunflowers, and the rainbow. They gather the nectar of the plants that grow from the sun and their feathers represent the colors of the rainbow which bring moisture to the earth.
- Blank inside for your own personal message
- Measures 5 by 6.5 inches folded (12.7 by 16.51 cm)
- We use smudge, fade, and water-resistant ink on heavy card stock.
- Notecard Includes a description of the artwork, information on the indigenous culture inspired by it, and a biography of the artist.
- Envelope and sticker included.
- Packaged in a clear resealable envelope.